Updating your kitchen cabinets can transform your kitchen in more ways than one.
In addition to a wide variety of styles, materials and colors, a cabinet makeover can instantly give you better storage for more convenience and less clutter.
So, it’s no wonder that 78% of kitchen remodels include cabinet updates.
Here are a few ideas improving storage with a kitchen cabinet remodel.
Add More Cabinet Space
There are lots of creative ways to add more storage to a kitchen of any size without gobbling up too much square footage.
- Go vertical by stacking cabinets all the way to the ceiling. Store lesser-used items higher up where they’re close by but not in the way.
- Top cabinets can go above windows or hoods.
- A shallow drawer in the toe kick gives you storage at floor level.
- Store items efficiently with corner cabinets.
- Include extra cabinets or shelving with an island to keep even more items close at hand.
Want to show off that fabulous wine collection or tableware? Open shelving lets your kitchen storage double as a display case, and there are plenty of options available.
- Existing cabinets converted into open shelves
- Backsplash shelving
- Floating shelves
- Clever cubby holes
You can also combine open shelves and closed cabinets for the perfect mix of style and convenience.
Cabinet improvements can also give you more efficient storage on the inside while enhancing your kitchen’s decor on the outside.
- Varied or movable shelving gives you exactly the space you need, no more or less. Rotating shelves keep everything within easy reach.
- Built-in racks. Need more room for spices and other small items? Door-mounted racks on the inside of cabinet doors should do the trick.
- Convenient space savers. Sliding trays and deep pullout features make it easier to store pots and pans, cookie sheets and utensils.
- Hang it up. Rods and hooks on the inside of your cabinets let you hang coffee cups and other small items up and out of the way.
- Kitchen cabinet design options give you an attractive and convenient way to install a small refrigerator or coffee maker, and to conceal waste and recycling bins
Are you looking for better organization in your kitchen? Contact Elite Renovations & Design to learn more about custom cabinet remodeling.