If 2020 is the year for making some much-needed updates to your home, you’ve got plenty of company.
More Americans were investing in home building and remodeling projects by the end of 2019, and that trend is expected to continue in 2020.
Which projects will give you the most bang for your buck this year? To help you decide, here are some of the top home remodeling trends as we begin a new decade.
Beautiful and functional updates make for easy cooking and cleanup that fits with today’s hectic lifestyles. They also let you create an inviting social space for quality time with family and friends.
- Although the farmhouse kitchen remains popular, many homeowners are gravitating toward modern design elements like clean lines and natural stone textures.
- Kitchens are getting more colorful. Homeowners are embracing softer hues including light grays, blues and pink. Some even include flecks of gold for a dramatic flair.
- Natural wood adds warmth to all-white or monochromatic kitchens. Create a welcoming atmosphere with wood range hoods, open shelving, countertops, drawers and pull-outs.
- Enjoy greater convenience with smart kitchen technology. Refrigerators, faucets and other appliances are going digital, and eco-friendly dishwashers give you water and energy savings.
Transform your bathroom into a spa-like oasis for relaxation and rejuvenation, with ample room for all of your self-care needs.
- Double floating vanities exude a clean, minimalist tone while freeing up floor space for a more spacious feel.
- Built-in benches and other seating options — both in and out of the shower — give you a place to take it easy after a busy day or grueling workout.
- Tiled bathtub aprons create a unique, built-in appearance for elegant visual interest.
- As with the kitchen, digital technology has found its way into the bathroom, in the form of Bluetooth speakers that let you sing along in the shower, digital mirrors and even smart toilets!
- Go eco-friendly with water-saving showerheads and efficient lighting.
- Clever, compact storage and shelving give you more space for open showers and larger tubs.
- Add a sleek, modern vibe with black accents for light fixtures, shelving and mirror frames.
- For powder rooms and half bathrooms, it’s time to go bold! Great wallpapers featuring large prints or textures like grasscloth are a great way to dress up this smaller space!
Once written off as an old-fashioned relic, the formal dining room is making something of a comeback. It’s the perfect space for celebrating birthdays, holidays and other memorable occasions.
Bold paint colors, charming wallpaper patterns and eye-catching light fixtures are a few wonderful options for giving your dining room a lively, festive mood.
Who says you can’t have some fun while doing a little work around the house? No longer an afterthought, laundry rooms and other utilitarian spaces are getting renewed design attention.
Inject a little positive energy with cheerful colors and playful wallpaper themes. Keep clutter at bay with creative storage systems. And jot down your to-do list on a convenient chalkboard wall.
Not sure what to do with that unfinished basement (or attic)?
Depending on the layout of your space, the basement may be a great place for that extra guest room, bathroom or utility room.
Another popular trend is to turn the basement into your own in-home recreation and entertainment center. Possibilities include a home gym, game room, theater, fully stocked bar or even a music venue with a small stage!
Nothing beats unwinding outside when the weather is good — especially in the comfort of your own backyard!
By bringing the best interior design ideas out into the fresh air, the once-humble patio now offers lots of great possibilities.
- Lounge areas
- Outdoor kitchens
Lend the perfect ambiance to outdoor spaces with a mix of quality materials including brick, natural woods, warm metals and concrete.
Are you ready to start turning your home remodeling ideas into reality? Contact Elite Renovations today! You can get a free quote online or call us at 417-708-8393.