When going through a bathroom renovation, one of the more important things to consider is the type of cabinets you have installed. Bathroom cabinets can make all of the difference between an organized oasis and an unrelaxing mess.
No matter the amount of space that you are working with or the budget you have, there are several cabinet options available to make the most of the storage space in your bathroom. The cabinets in your bathroom can also make a unique statement and add a fun pop to your decor.
Create storage space with the right cabinets
Your bathroom is one of the most used and important rooms in your home. Regardless of if your bathroom is compact or palatial, you still want to turn it into a space that is calming and uncluttered. When renovating a bathroom, creating space is of the utmost importance. Choosing the right cabinets with storage opportunities provide the ultimate solution.
- Free-standing vanities. A free-standing vanity is a vanity with a built-in sink and drawers and cabinet space below. These are a great small space option that provides you with ample storage and aesthetic appeal.
- Medicine cabinets. Medicine cabinets are another great two-in-one option that will provide you with a mirror and shelving. Since your bathroom will already need a mirror, choosing for your mirror to also function as a medicine cabinet gives you storage without sacrificing valuable space.
- Linen towers. If your bathroom doesn’t have a storage closet or built-in cabinets, a linen tower is a great solution. Linen towers use minimal space but pack a heavy organizational punch and bring a unique element to your bathroom.
- Over-the-toilet cabinets. Over-the-toilet cabinets provide a unique storage option using space that is already being used by something else, in this case, your toilet. These shelving units can add height and depth to your space. They also provide a great way to hold toiletries and other bathroom accessories if you don’t have a lot of vanity space.
Create a unique space with these cabinet trends
When it comes to creating a home that is visually pleasing and looks the way you want it to, don’t overlook your bathroom! Here are some ways that cabinets can give your bathroom an aesthetic pop.
- Swap out the hardware. Install new handles on your cabinets to fit with the trends, or to add a subtle twist to your decor. Currently, brass and gold fixtures are making a steady comeback, but you can use whatever fits your style best!
- Fixer upper. Cabinets with the look of restored antique furniture are becoming increasingly popular. Before you try to convert your latest flea-market find into a vanity, however, consult with the pros. You want to make sure that the plumbing is installed correctly and that your new vanity is waterproofed.
- Smooth and sleek. Conversely, simple and streamlined cabinetry is becoming a top choice for those with minimalistic inclinations. These cabinets bring a fresh and clean look to your bathroom and also are easy to maintain since they don’t have grooves and dips for dust and other grime to build up in.
- Open air. Open shelving adds an airy element to your space and can be used to store bathroom essentials or to display decorative elements.
Feeling inspired and ready to renovate your bathroom? Contact Elite Renovations to learn how we can help you create the bathroom of your dreams!